Monday, September 19, 2005

Why I'm the Water Spiller...

"A water spiller?" you say. "How can that be?" Well, it's simple really. I, Sarah, confess to spilling a glass of water on a regular basis of at least 3 times a week. It's like I have a gift for it. Somehow, after putting my glass of water on the floor near the couch, I manage to kick it over with my foot. If you ask me I think that the glasses are just conditioned to fall over everytime I stand up. I'm convinced that should the carpet ever be replaced, they'll find permanent water stains on the flooring underneath because I spill it in the same place everytime. My water spilling goes beyond this though. Take for instance, decorating for my brother's wedding. I had the simple job of filling large vases on the tables with water. While pouring water into a vase, I'd - yup, you guessed it - splash some water on the nicely decorated tables by mistake. "The water spiller's at work," a family member would say. Just recently, I was being dropped off for student teaching by my husband. It was my first day, and I was nervous, so I took a sip of my water in the car on the way to school...unfortunately I forgot to close the spout, and alas, as I held my bottle sideways it dripped all over my lunch bag...all the way upstairs. First day of school and I look like a dweeb. My husband noticed it but he was too amused with my little mishap to tell me. I provide him with a good laugh regularly. If I'm not spilling water, I'm stubbing my toe, bumping into a corner, hitting my arm on something...the list goes on. When he hear's the "owww" he just laughs and says, "What'd you do this time?" So there you have it.

I love water, and apparently, I love to spill it.

5 comments:

Jo said...

ohmigosh! i am thrilled that you are blogging!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aaron Perry said...

i second jo.

matthew said...

i third jo
and second aaron

Heather Durkee said...

Hey Sarah, I am also glad to see you are blogging. Glad to hear that student teaching is going well and that you like to play in the water!

Sarah said...

Gee, thanks guys :)