Thursday, September 07, 2006

The weeks events

Okay, so I've spent the week doing a number of things that have made it hard for me to post and respond. Let me explain:

1) Cleaning and Organizing - Every Spring and Fall I like to clean and reorganize areas in the apartment that have become cluttered. I decide what is worth keeping and what needs to go. I also decorate according to the change in seasons. I love the fall. I'm quite pleased with how the sunroom has turned out this year. I still have to tackle my nemisis - the spare room. I have a drawer full of notes that Ben and I exchanged over our six years of dating and three years of marriage. I'll keep you posted!

2) Reading Old Journal Entries - LOL - Let's just say that I have some hilarious entries regarding the first few summers Ben and I knew each other before we were dating. Oh the stories I could tell!! I had crushes on other guys, but I'd still write about Ben..."Ben and I gave each other a big hug..."(after our team had won something). "I asked Ben to come talk to me and I was upset and crying. Ben said, 'I'll go get Shane on one condition - you go up there and sing your heart out.'" This is my personal fav, "We talked about stuff and I told him (Ben) someday he would get hooked up with the woman God has for him and she'll be so committed to God and him and they'll be happy." LOL!!!!! Ironic don't you think??

3) Elementary School - There is a maternity leave position for 5th grade at the school in the community and I have my heart set on it. A lot of the teachers are rooting for me and one even recommended me to the new principal. I've been in to meet him, but I also know that it's in the Lord's hands because I've done my part in trying to get this job. If it's ment for me to have the job then it will be so, if not, then He must have something else in mind for me.

4) Phantom of the Opera - Can I just say that I love theatre? Especially musicals. I borrowed this from someone and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Needless to say, Ben doesn't share my enthusiasm, so I watched it by myself, and yes, I cried because I'm a sap.

7 comments:

Erskine said...

We love Phantom, too, Sarah. It's not just a sappy flick; it's a great piece of literature if you ask me. (Try Pride and Prejudice; you'll cry.) Keep us posted (no pun intended) on the elementary job. We're pulling for you, too!

Sarah said...

LYNN!! I was just thinking about you and Natasha. We must connect. I've seen Pride and Prejudice and I absolutely love it too, and I'm so pleased that you love Phantom. I told Ben today that I thought you and Natasha would enjoy it (Ben won't watch Pride and Prejudice with me either.) I'll try to get in touch with you :)

Heather Durkee said...

I love the phantom. Adam enjoys it and we own the movie. DOn't you just love this Christine way better than anyone else. I have seen it on broadway a couple of times and she is great. But I am not a fan of he phantom.

Jo said...

I'll hope you get the job Sarah. I think you and I may have simlar movie taste. I wish you victory against your nemesis....although 'nemesis' be definition means "unconquerable foe."

Sarah said...

Heather,
I would LOVE to see a broadway musical. One of my best friends is in the process of moving to NYC so I told Ben when we go visit we should look into going to a musical.

Thanks JO!
I'll keep you posted on whether or not a conquer the "unconquerable foe." As for similar movie tastes - if only we lived closer together. Then I wouldn't have to watch some of these movies alone! (Although Melinda is just across the border and she hasn't seen Phantom yet so I should go share the experience with her).

lisa b said...

Yeah for Phantom! I'm actually torn as to whether I prefered the live version or the movie, although both are very enjoyable. I love the music.

As far as the maternity leave position, that would be awesome! Grade 5 is such a great grade to teach (at least in my opinion). Good luck!

Angela said...

Mmmmmm...."the Pha---ntom of the Opera is here...inside my mind"
He's in my mind now! I too own it, and am a lover of the movie...I have the day off...I think I must go watch it.
Yes, that is what I am going to do. :-)