Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Humorous Concerns

I've been paying a lot of attention to my belly button lately. This may sound strange, but I've always liked my belly button. I've never been one to show it off by wearing belly shirts or bikinis. No. My belly button has lived a pretty solitary life. It's a good belly button. A happy belly button. A friendly belly button. Two weeks from today, it will probably be a sore belly button. You see, I have surgery on March 25. Apart from gum surgery and wisdom teeth surgery, I've never had surgery before. I was also awake for those procedures - something of which I am quite proud of. I've never been "put out" for surgery before - that is until two weeks from today. While I am in "dreamland," a probe is going to be placed down through my belly button so that they can see what life is like inside Sarah's pelvic area. War will be declared on a cyst that has been growing silently for quite some time. So I keep wondering...will my belly button be the same again? Or will it become stretched? My husband's belly button is a crevice - a chasm in which lint nestles away from the movement of his shirts. When he wears sweaters, the lint hops off and finds safety in this hollow place. Will my belly button become like that? Will it ever recover? While some women would be worried about the scars from incisions - those of which I will have too, here I am, wondering about my belly button.

So in amidst my worries about surgery, my husband's job search, and where in the world we'll be in 4 months, I'm pondering on my belly button, and thankful that the Lord has given me a sense of humour.

Other humorous health concerns of which I may make notes on:
"The mole:" Can it really be removed with a special kind of vinegar? An experiement you won't want to miss.

"You Know You're Getting Old When...:" 27 may be considered young, but I'm changing with each passing year and noticing the things that come with it.

4 comments:

Mommy of Four said...

Haha! Sarah, you're too funny:) I think your belly button will be the same...I'm assuming they are doing a laproscopic procedure? They did that to Dane and you can't even find the scar now. I don't think you'll have to worry! Oh, and Neosporin REALLY helps minimize scarring if you apply it religously starting ASAP. I have used it with both surgeries and my doctors have been amazed both times at how great my incisions look! Good luck! And do update with results!!

Elizabeth said...

You crack me up! I loved your description of how lint jumps off...etc. Very humorous! I'll be praying for you through all of this!

Sarah said...

Kayla - bless you! I'm going to be buying some of that Neosporin asap! I'll be sure to keep you posted.

Thanks Elizabeth :) I had a good chuckle over some comments on facebook as well. Sense of humour is key for me right now in the midst of my life's turmoil!

Heather Durkee said...

I hope your surgery goes well. I hope you belly button is good to!