Monday, February 27, 2006

2 nieces & a NEW nephew amongst a week of ups and downs

Last week was one of those up and down kind of weeks. I had something happen that made me feel really down, and then I had something happen that made me feel really excited. The excited portion of my week was when Ben and I found out that we have a new nephew weighing in at 8 lbs. 4 ounces: Alexander Wayne James Canney, whom we’ll be meeting tomorrow for the first time and whom you’ll soon see in pictures on this blog. That means I now have two nieces (Sheridan and Charisma - my cutie pies) along with my new nephew (whom I can hardly wait to get my hands on!). In another month I'll have a fourth child to be an Auntie too as my sister is pregnant!! I love being an aunt. The sad portion of my week is something I’d prefer to not go into, but let’s just say that the Lord is still teaching me and helping me to better understand some things.

This week I’m not sure what to expect – except for knowing that tomorrow I get to see my nephew, and I get to have my wisdom teeth surgically removed. I look forward to meeting my nephew more so than meeting my dental surgean. My brother and his wife Amanda are also leaving for Africa on a missions trip which I’m super excited about. He’s going to do dental work, and Amanda, who is a nurse, will assist the medical team that they are traveling with through World Hope.

One thing is for certain this week, that despite how I’m feeling, or what happens to me, God is in control and He can see the bigger picture.

4 comments:

Aaron Perry said...

hving your wisdom teeth out isn't as bad as people say. having mine out was kinda funny, actually. the dental surgeon was hungarian, i think, and had a really thick accent. i had mine out with freezing and so was awake for the procedure. one time after getting a tooth out, he says, "okay. i will make you a deal. i will show you your tooth if you do not swallow it." or, if i can type his accent, "okayyy. i vill make you ay deeeel. i vill show you yore toottth, eeef you do note svallow eeet." funny stuff.

Sarah said...

Roni,

Thanks for the encouragement, and it was nice to hear from you.

AP,

LOL! You know, I plan on just having the freezing and being awake for the procedure too, so I'm sure I'll have a story of my own to tell (although my dental surgean doesn't have the nice thick accent). I'm not really nervous as I have had dental surgery before. (I think Ben is more spleeny than me when it comes to needles!) Believe it or not, I was actually thinking of teaching kindergarten the next day (I was asked to substitute teach), but Ben and some others told me I better not in case I wasn't feeling up to it. That's how much I love to teach :) Alas, it will just give me another day to study for my upcoming Biology Final.

Melinda said...

Hey Sarah,

Sorry you had a crummy week...I'm here for you if you ever need an ear.

Heather Durkee said...

I love being an aunt. My sister has twin boys who Adam and I adore. It must be nice to live close to yours...

Good luck with the wisdom teeth. I had them surgically removed and it was a lot more serious than I though. I have some funny stories but I won't go into it. The good thing was I didn't feel a thing. But the bad thing was I was too drugged (insert funny stories here). Well --stay away from strawsand take your pain meds every 4 hours and you should be good!