Tuesday, March 06, 2007

March...Break?

I got to be a housewife again today. Between yesterday and today I've cooked for my hubby and cleaned - BIG TIME (Spring cleaning...doing it early because my job can be demanding at times) - I washed walls, scrubbed floors, cleaned out cupboards...I even packed away my snowmen and took out my gerber daisies and ivy. Tomorrow it'll be back into the school to do some marking, planning, and work on report cards so that I won't have to think about it towards the end of the week. I intend on cooking a pork roast tomorrow as I'm taking delight in spoiling my husband this week (usually I'm too tired to do much cooking or baking of any kind). I'm going to take some time for me too, I just haven't figured out what to do yet (apart from already having watched the 5 hour version of "Pride and Prejudice"...I love how they speak...and their dresses...and of course Mr.Darcy...I remember Ben walked clear out to Sussex Corner during college once to say some lines of Shakespeare to me...how I'd like to hear him say some of those verses again! I'm convinced I could've been quite content to have been born in the days when speech seemed to be much more poetic).

I'm not quite as down in the dumps this week, but I am still sifting and praying through some things. My husband isn't quite as melancholy which is a help. He had to preach twice this past weekend as Ryan and Maridel are away on vacation. He's grown so much in his preaching. I enjoy listening to him speak, and I don't get nervous for him anymore :)

Well I must go get ready for an outing - we've been invited out for turkey dinner!

5 comments:

Kirk said...

Mr. Darcy was so amazing but I will always be a Mary fan for obvious reasons. If you get really bored you could always come to Grand Manan and clean my house.

Sarah said...

LOL - Are you a Mary fan because she sings off key? As for cleaning your house, you know I actually considered doing that last summer when we were on the island while you were away and Tim was staying there. I had plans to make it more "feminine" - LOL - perhaps another time.

On a side note, if you think of it, Tim left his winter jacket at our house so you can let him know that's where it is! (I found it while cleaning)

Jon and Renae said...

I just was just offered the 5 hour version of Pride and Prejudice yesterday, but left it at my mothers so she can watch it first. How ironic?

Unknown said...

I used to get butterflies for Andrew when he spoke too. But that only lasted about 2 times....

I'd like to have some of that pot roast you are cookin up this week. mmm mmm mmm

I don't have the attention span to endure 5 hours of any movie. Just one of the many reasons why I wouldn't make a good teacher.

Heather Durkee said...

thanks for the update!