Thursday, March 02, 2006

Unhappy Scrappy

Well, what was funny yesterday, is not so funny today. I'm even more swollen - I don't even look like me. I'm starting to bruise, and to make matters worse, I've been sick to my stomach. If it weren't for my husband I'd be pretty miserable. Ben's been looking after me and loving me despite the fact that I look awful. I said to him, "For better or for worse...well, this is the worse." Then I gave him a little chipmunky grin and he smiled back at me. I'll be glad when I can have my face back.

A number of people have called from the church to see how I'm feeling which is really nice. It's feels good to know they care. I even had one woman and her two daughters pop by and give me Ben & Jerry's icecream!! Mmmm...

I finally got to see the new "Pride and Prejudice" movie. I have watched the original one before and enjoyed it, but I really enjoyed this version of it as well. I've watched it twice. I love it! If only I could have hair like Elizabeth Bennett. Wishful thinking I suppose. I thoroughly enjoy movies from that time era, and the piano accompaniment to the movie was beautiful. Mr. Darcy was everything I expected him to be. Perhaps I'm just a hopeless romantic.

Well, I must go put ice packs on my face. Fun fun...

4 comments:

Rachael said...

Sorry to hear about the wisdom teeth episode...yikes!

But I'm happy to see you blogging again! Good for Ben for looking after you.

lisa b said...

hey Sarah, so sad to read about your misadventure in wisdom teeth pulling...eat lots and lots of ice cream :) I am a big fan of Pride and Prejudice, very partial to the original BBC 6 hour version of it, however, was SOOOO impressed by the 2005 version. I can hardly wait until Blockbuster has it for sale in the previously viewed section. Definetly a favourite and so well done.

Sarah said...

Thanks everyone :)

Hey Lisa,

Thanks for clarifying about the Pride and Prejudice TV mini series. I think that is what I recall watching, and I really must get my hands on it! For some reason I was thinking it was a movie.

Oh and yes, I'm eating lots of
ice cream - CHOCOLATE ice cream.

lisa b said...

Sarah,

Don't know what your local library is like, but I used to be able to borrow it from the library (along with other Jane Austen flicks). If you're wanting to buy check out ebay.