Monday, October 03, 2005

The Water Spiller Strikes Again

Okay, so I really thought that I had made it through a whole 7 days without spilling water. I was so excited. I could taste the victory...and then...it happened. Ben and I had our friend Lauralynn over to help us eat roasted chicken and other "yummy in my tummy" foods (including a poor squash that turned out to be the wetest squach I've ever had in my life). I stood up to clear the table and as I picked up my glass, it "jumped" out of my hand. I don't know how it happened! It's like the water and glass had a committe meeting and decided amongst themselves that I was not going to have a successful week without spilling water. And so it happened - the glass slipped and the water ran all over the table screaming, "I'm free! I'm free! I'm free from the confines of the glass! I will not go into Sarah's belly! I've just made her look like a clutz!"

Needless to say, there was much laughter.

2 comments:

Jo said...

:) such is your life.

Rachael said...

Thats awesome! I mean, not that the water got its freedom (darn stuff), but the way you told the story...was very entertaining. Thanks for making me laugh today! :) Maybe you need to have some sort of pow wow and rebuke that water jumping spirit>>>?