Monday, October 31, 2005

Bye Bye Third Grade! Hello Kindgergarten!

Okay, so today was my first day in kindergarten. I must admit after teaching two digit addition with regrouping, plants, and how to write stories, it was a little different to be playing color shape Bingo, word bingo, and helping students spell the word "it" among other things. I've had experience in kindergaren before though, so give my mind (and body) a few days to make the transition and we'll be good to go.

This past Friday was my last day with third grade. They gave me a huge card with hand-written notes in it just for me. Being the sap that I am, I told them I would'nt be able to read it in class for fear I'd start crying. The little guy that managed to crack me up on a daily basis gave me a present: a "teacher nut." It's this cute little figurine - a walnut with peanut feet and features that make it look like a teacher. How fitting. I got a nut, from a nut. I told him I'd set it in my kitchen. "Everytime I look at it, I'll think of you." I will too. I'm going to miss those kids...and yet, I know I'll get just as attached to the children in kindergarten.

Last week I had a third grader cry over not being able to find her sneakers. Today I had a kindergarten child cry over not being able to find her sneakers. What will tomorrow hold?? Children filled with Halloween candy that's what.

3 comments:

His Beloved said...

Hi Sarah!
It was great seeing you yesterday! I'm glad your first day in K went well. I'm preparing to dive into my midterms for the week....kinda wish I was back working w/ K again. Ah well...such is life!
~Amy :)

Rachael said...

If I was in kindergarten I would want you as MY teacher. You're very caring and loving...and kids can sense that. Blessings!

jamie said...

Hi Sarah!
I love the kindergarten age group! They really are alot of fun aren't they?! Have a great week
Jamie