Friday, February 23, 2007

URGENT PRAYER REQUEST FOR DOC TAYLOR AND HIS WIFE

This was posted on my cousin Selinda's blog this past Tuesday. I figured I'd post it here in case some of you hadn't heard about Doc Taylor and his wife.

Please pray for Dave & Pat Taylor. He used to teach at Bethany Bible College and they are both dear friends of mine. They are now missionaries here in Swaziland and live only 30 minutes away. Two men broke into their house last Friday night, ransacked it, and took everything of any value, right down to his tennis shoes. This whole thing took about a half an hour. They hacked Doc with a bush knife in the head and neck, knocking him unconscious, then the men grabbed Pat and demanded money, cell phone, etc. with a threat to her life made with each. The Taylor's think that the men thought they had killed Doc and kept threatening to do to Pat what they did to him. When they left, Doc had come to and ran next door for help. Physically they are both doing fine and thankful to be alive, but they are very traumatized and afraid to go back to their house. They will get through this, but it will take a lot of time and prayer to deal with everything and get back to normal life.

2 comments:

Jo said...

OH MY GOSH! THAT IS AWFUL! I am so concerned. I love those people. Definately praying here. Doc is one of my 'heros.'

Jon and Renae said...

Sarah, thanks for posting this. It is a heaviness to our hearts. We will definately be in prayer for them.
I wanted to respond to you concern about PPD. First, I wanted to say that I am glad that you are voicing your fears; it means that you understand the magnitude of change that comes with a child. Second, You are right to trust in the Lord. Only he knows what the future holds and He promises to hold us in the future. Third, you may get PPD. Fourth, you may not. Fifth, whatever happens, you will be a wonderful mother, and Ben will be a wonderful father, God willing. Something that's not always mentioned, is that guys sometimes feel depressed too. A child is a huge responsibilty and you give up a lot-it is okay to grieve the life you are leaving behind. At the same time, parenting fills you in ways that only it can.
Whatever you decide, it is a life choice, and it is your choice. Even if you don't get PPD you probably will have times when you wish you could just do your own thing-that's a normal mom feeling. But if at some point things just don't seem right to you, even if everyone else says you're fine, trust your gut and find a professional to help you objectively access your feelings. I wish I had trusted my instincts more, I think I would have sought help sooner. If you want to discuss this further email me at simplyrenae@hotmail.com
Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will take care of itself.
Thanks for your encouragement Sarah