Monday, February 12, 2007

MAJOR PRAYER REQUEST

My brother and his wife are expecting their first baby this July. This is something we've all been really excited about. The results of a bloodtest for the baby have just come back and weren't good. They indicate that the baby may have downs syndrome. As you can well imagine, this is tough news to comprehend. They have to go in for some tests on Thursday, and I'm asking that you pray that things will be fine with the baby. I'd really appreciate your prayers concerning this matter. The Lord has really worked in their lives, and this will definitely be a test of their faith. That's all I can write right now. I just received the news.

Thanks.

11 comments:

Liz said...

We're praying Sarah, for you and your family. Love you!

Kirk said...

Interesting. I just put this request over our prayer chain based on a message that was left on my phone but I wasn't sure who the people were because the person who left the message didn't eave any last names. Now I know who we're praying for.

Mommy of Four said...

I'll be praying!! And just an encouraging note: my OB said those tests come back quite often as something being possibly wrong, but most of the time it turns out to have been a fluke in the test, which is why he advised that we not do the test and worry ourselves unecessarily...I;m praying that this was the case for them!!

Jo said...

okay sarah. praying here.

Melinda said...

I'm SO all over this prayer request.

Unknown said...

Wow, how difficult this must be for them! I'll be praying!!

Angela said...

Praying for them and you today, Sarah!

His Beloved said...

Praying for you and your family. :)

Sarah said...

Thanks everyone,

I just want to say it was encouraging to get home from work to see your responses.

Unknown said...

Hey Sarah, you're strong, and you've got a BIG God to take care of this for you! Remember our song as kids? "my God is so BIG! So strong and so mighty there's NOTHING my God cannot do!"

Love you, and praying hard!
Carmine

Erskine said...

Done, brotha.